Friday, November 16, 2007

Cheap Gift Idea For Just About Anyone

Here's an easy and cheap holiday gift idea that's especially great for co-workers, friends, and others who you don't think going all out for would be appropriate.

First, take a visit to your local dollar store (yep, you heard me right- the main item is a $1 or less!). Pick out a holiday themed mug of your choice from their selection, which is normally not all that bad to be honest.

Next, grab a box of hot chocolate packages (Land O'Lakes makes a slightly more expensive individually packaged hot chocolate that is flavored and, in my opinion, to die for). Also pick up a package of mini candies of your choice (think Hershey kisses, or mini-chocolate bar).

I think you know where I'm going with this, but place a packet of hot chocolate into your holiday mug and then add in some chocolate for good measure (YUM! haha). If you want to get super creative with your wrapping, most craft stores well holiday decorated plastic wrap that you can tie around it with a pretty bow so that the mug's contents don't spill out.

I hope this cheap little holiday gift trick finds its way into your hands in time for the "secret Santa" season :).

2 comments:

AZZITIZZ said...

Hey Daszzle,
What a great idea.
I like the theme of your new blog too!
Nice one!
:)

Daszzle said...

Thanks Azzitizz... I've used it many times before, and I'm sure I'll be using it again in the future. I'm glad you like the theme :)! I struggled between a lot of different ideas. I think this one suits me best though. Hope all is well with you :)! Sorry about your little girl chica.