Sunday, November 18, 2007

For the Movers and Shakers

For my sister and I's last birthday (we're three years and three days apart in age), my parents took us, our boyfriends, grandmother, and great aunt out to dinner at one of the most fabulous Italian restaurants in town- Maggianos. Unfortunately they're tres expensive, but they serve family style and the plates are never-ending. That's right, you eat it and they keep fillin' it! We even took full platters home! It was an excellent birthday gift for the two of us that we could all share.

Goat took me to the Baltimore Inner Harbor and then to see the hilarious comedian Jim Gaffigan after a fun little romantic water side stroll. It was incredibly romantic at one point, ridiculously funny at another, and memorable the whole time. Every time I hear one of his jokes (or look at the photo of Gaffigan with Goat and I seen above) I can't help thinking about that amazing one-year anniversary gift.

I could keep going, but to save you all from a further walk down memory lane with me, the point I'm getting at is that sometimes the best gifts come in the shape of amazing experiences. If you're looking for a unique and memorable gifts head to ticket master.

Check out upcoming:


  • Talk Shows/Late Night Shows- Every single one loves to have a live audience there to watch. Why not count yourself or your loved one among them?

  • Concerts- These can be tres expensive to ridiculously cheap, depending on what you're going for. Here's a hint though: The latest star on MTV is going to lean towards the more expensive side... try to find the stars before they blow up on the charts.

  • Comedians- Who doesn't like a good night of laughs?

  • Broadway- On or off, catching a good show can be a very memorable experience. May I recommend "Hairspray" my personal favorite musical ;)

Then of course there's always a night out at a very special restaurant. However, I must warn, that if you decide to go towards the more unconventional restaurant for a holiday gift, be sure that it's amazing (which often equal expensive, unfortunately) and that you definitely have reservations. The embarrassment otherwise could be a big let down for both you and your companion.


As always, please let me know if you have any other additions you'd like for me to make fellow movers and shakers. :)




No comments: