Monday, August 25, 2008

Creating Something Yummy

To carry on the wedding theme I seem to have going on here from my last post, I have a fantastic idea for a wedding gift that both Bride and Groom will enjoy! Wish I could take credit for this, but to be honest, I know I read it somewhere quite a while ago, for the life of me though I'm nor sure where at. (If you come across that mysterious article, definitely let me know and I'll credit it here.)

In any case, if you're in a slump about what to purchase the newlyweds and are looking for something unique I suggest the following:

Consider buying a homemade ice cream maker. An ice cream maker will allow the two to come together to do something fun. It's a gift that can work for just the pair, as well as any future family members they may be planning to have. You're sure to be the only one who thought to buy them the gift, which is always a bonus in a world full of duplicate wedding gifts. Also, in the ice bucket you can take it a step further and throw in a few sundae toppings, or even a movie that the couple can watch while enjoying their yummy treat.

Of course, I always recommend that you start with the registry list first if one is available, but if you're looking for a little something unique and memorable that will stand out amidst the towels and cooking utensils I definitely recommend this "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream" gift.


No comments: