Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Create Something New Out of Something Old

Looking for some gift-giving inspiration I turned to my Plurk friends for a few innovative ideas. Asking for plurker's "favorite gifts received" I was sent several awesome ideas. I'd like to share one with you today that came from PritchardDesign.

Pritchard was once given earrings made out of her grandfather's cuff links from her mother. This is such a nice way to pass along not just a personal item from her family's past, but also a memory keeper. I bet that every time she puts those earrings on she gives a second's pause to her grandfather's memory.

I just love this idea. I also love how it can be used in other way if you'd like. For instance I've noticed in a few wedding magazines the idea of turning a relatives favorite necklace gem as a bouquet ornament in order to honor them in the bride's own special way.

Have you every received or given anything that was created from something meaningful and older?


No comments: