Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Garmin: Getting Me Where I Want to Go


Normally I'm kind of a dud when it comes to new electronics. OK, any electronics. It's not that I don't want to buy them. If I had loads of cash I totally would. I just have a hard time justifying their purpose. In my mind these types of things go out of date so quickly, that, well, why bother?

That was my thought until I met Gertie—my GPS system. (She speaks so I named her... don't judge ;).

With my frequent cross-state travels my parents both thought it would be a worthwhile purchase to buy me a Garmin GPS system in order to get me where I need to go without a massive folding map and/or cell phone constantly at my ear. At the end of the day I'm not that awesome of a driver and this GPS system may just have saved my life already, if not saved me from getting lost multiple times. (I never could fold those darn maps.)

In any case, if you too have a habit of getting lost, awkwardly missing turns, and/or travel to new places frequently, then I would definitely suggest buying one of these bad boys.

Bonus: They have a wide price range and can be quite affordable.


No comments: